Chief Marketing Officer
At Tern, We provide “FinTech as a Service” to enterprises. We build market-leading financial apps and mobile banking services for businesses in emerging markets around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make a tangible contribution to an innovative FinTech startup, with a talented team, a proven track record of success, and continual focus on company expansion & growth.
At Tern, You’ll find that FinTech is a very fast-changing and rewarding industry to innovate within.
We believe that, as we progressively become more digital as a civilization… globally connected, always available, digital payment processing platforms will become integral for enterprises to connect to, build upon, scale with, and manage regulatory compliant funds movements, securely & programmatically within. This is the value add that Tern enables for it’s clients.
Our platform provides the necessary functions for secure payment processing, in an array of financial services & solutions for enterprises needing to launch best-in-class financial services and mobile banking applications rapidly & compliantly, through easy-to-digest APIs, and intuitive front & back end applications for system stakeholders to interact with and manage corporate funds flows within.
The Tern “Fintech as a Service” platform enables value to move in & out of any organization (around the globe), in an array of methods/currencies, to satisfy an organization’s specific payment processing needs, fulfill KYC & compliance/regulatory requirements, and dramatically increase speed-to-market time for any kind of financial product launch/initiative.
At Tern, every engineer is responsible for delivering high-quality code and shaping the next stages of evolution of payments and financial services within our enterprise-grade “FinTech as a Service” payments platform made available to our clients.
In today’s payments landscape, businesses need banks, banks need to trust businesses, banks are usually too slow to onboard businesses. businesses desperately need payments automation, and banks are rarely capable of offering the payments automation that’s needed & integral in building trust with their banking/business relationships over time.
The Tern “FinTech as a Service” platform is the answer to this conundrum and helps to span the banking services divide. It’s a (multi-user) compliant ecosystem that automates a company’s incoming and outgoing payments flows, sets configuration and rules for each payment path to follow, and maintains transactional integrity for all interested parties, engaged in any given financial transaction or event at any time, ensuring transaction oversight, continual regulatory compliance & business continuity.
Our mission is to abstract away the complexities of legacy/traditional and sometimes archaic payment processing systems/processes (that exist today) and make it easier for enterprises to launch intuitive financial payments products and services reliably to their customers rapidly.
At Tern, we are always building new and exciting financial products for our clients to leverage. We are always improving and creating processes to solidify our core platform. We are always shipping new code to better production & to enhance overall user experience. We are always learning new skills/things to apply to our latest FinTech creations. We are always creative in offering a new solution to any client in search of one. We are quick to adapt to rapidly-changing requirements. We are passionate lifelong learners and students of the university/school of FinTech.
If you are a dedicated, creatively-driven engineer who thrives in a fast-changing environment, and if you are passionate about taking charge & building highly scalable systems with an intuitive experience, that users will love to interact with, and instinctively understand, we’d love to talk to you.
Join us to learn together, to grow, make lasting friendships, and accomplish awesome things while doing our collective part to help modernize the existing payments and banking sectors. They need it.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns that are differentiated, increase reach, and power revenue growth. This includes all online and offline marketing efforts.
- Establish and lead lifecycle marketing strategy to ensure the right message, at the right time, is being delivered to prospective and existing clients.
- Partner with our market-facing teams (Sales, Partnerships, Product & Design, Customer Success, etc.) to align our marketing efforts with other acquisition and retention-oriented initiatives.
- Partner with other key functions like Finance on budgeting and planning and Talent to help us further develop our talent brand.
- Conceptualize and partner with appropriate teams to launch and maintain a robust content marketing program (blog, email, social) that leverages Tern’s industry thought leadership.
- Own our marketing budget and measurement of qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Partner with the executive team to tell our story in an authentic way that maps to our strategic objectives.
- Be a team player, and goal oriented.
- Be an effective manager of others on technical product initiatives.
- Enjoy working with customers and clients.
- Be passionate about the FinTech industry.
- Be a creative doer & maker of things.
- Be willing to share ideas and make a difference.
- Be consistently reliable/dependable for others.
- Be a self-starter.
- Stay creative.
- Be happy.
- Love what you do.
- Have fun.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a marketing leadership position; experience in payment processing services and/or FinTech a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering revenue-based results, balancing a data-driven marketing approach with knowledge of how to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Expertise in B2B SaaS and B2C Marketing; SMB experience is a definite plus.
- Experience in both setting strategy in addition to leading its execution.
- Experience successfully executing integrated marketing campaigns at scale.
- Combine the creative with the analytical, bringing campaigns to life and rigorously analyzing performance, making immediate changes as needed.
- Comfortable diving into data to find solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional project management, communication (written and verbal).
- Experience developing, managing and working with a geographically distributed team.
- A passion for Tern’s “FinTech as a Service” mission of making fintech product development easy for enterprises.
We’re a geographically distributed, hard working FinTech startup company that cares about its people. We have a responsibility-based culture with flexible working hours, you have the freedom to work from anywhere and during the times you’re the most productive/effective to get the job done, you’ll have equity participation and most of all, the opportunity is here for you to make a tangible/rewarding impact to an innovative company within an emerging industry/sector.
Who Should Apply:
Proactive, goal-oriented individuals who take pride in what they do
Entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people
Engineers interested in learning financial technology and payments
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
- Information Technology